Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Romantiese skriba




Her ghost in the mist.

Standing on the castle walls I stared into the coming of the night. Beyond the forest lay thick and gloomy covered in a thick mist. She said she would return before the fall of darkness yet forsaken dread caught me and I knew I shall not see her again. A chill ran down my spine, pulling my cloak tight around my shoulders I left returning to the Wild boar tavern below.

Inside the air was filled with laughing drunk patrons, stale smell of tobacco and ale. Dark corners filled with even darker men, plotting, sneering from dawn till dusk.
No place is safe in this old world. My old soul yearns with sudden pain just to see her again. How I miss her why oh why did she leave me for that wake, my heart shatters in a thousand pieces.

Has she crossed the river styx, has she paid the ferryman his due. If only she had taken me with her, I could protect her in that dark places until we came to the light. Trapped in my thoughts and pain I stayed till just before sunrise.

Mounting my steed I slowly rode out the castle gate knowing not where the road my lead, for I care not without her my life has no meaning. An hours ride into the forest my steed suddenly reared and I saw the thick fog all around me. Dismounting I sensed something was afoot but what I could not say.
And suddenly I saw a figure emerging from the mist. Could it be, “by the sword of Odin” I gasped, it’s her. She stood smiling at me and held out her hand, as I took it she said. “I have come for you my love I can not cross the styx alone.”
At last things are as they should be and the mist enfolded us as we dissapeard from this dark old world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the land of Blogging..!

Ek hoop jy geniet dit, en dat jy sal bydra tot die opbou van Boere/Afrikaner trots..die eenigste uitweg uit die moeras is as die Afrikaner homself weer vind en n goeie selfbeeld ontwikkel.

Altyd bly om n nuwe lid bytekry om die stryd saam met ons opteneem..

Ons moet daai deel van 'Bloed Sweet en Trane' wat jy my gestuur het in Engels vertaal...dis n shocker!

Mooi bly
groete

(-;